Saturday, October 11, 2008

What! This is a topless beach?

This is just too good not to share. We went camping (pictures to follow sometime soon) this last weekend at El Capitan (Santa Barbara). Our family, and Jeremiah's sister and family all enjoyed two days at the beach. The men folk helped us unload out gear at the waters end so the kids could dig and play in the water while Maile and I soak in the sun. The men are off with surf boards in hand leaving Maile and I there alone with 5 kids. Next thing I know Maile is telling me to look to my left. And yes, I see this lady laying on her back with no TOP on. I of course had to take a double look, thinking to myself, no way, no way. She can't be topless. I then asked Jedi if he noticed her. "Yes, disgusting, gross, I saw her/them rubbing suntan lotion on her boobs." That was enough for me. I very calming walked over and said "My 11 year son would like to know way you aren't wearing your top?" I was trying to be sarcastic while also trying to look at them in the face and not laugh. Apparently she didn't get it. (Oh, yeah when I walked up there were actually two of them topless) Their answer to me, with a very strong accent said "We are sunbathing". Defiantly not from around here. I preceded to tell her that this was a public beach and they really are not suppose to be topless. They weren't to happy, but decided to put their tops back on. What the heck! Not an hour later Maile I see this couple to the right of us totally laying in the sand making out, (at least wait till is dark). So now my son has seen naked women, that aren't even members of our family. Poor kid.

2 comments:

bethi said...

maybe im not jealous on missing another camping trip!....ok i still am!.....i would give anything to have seen you walk over there to talk to them...! you are brave!!

The Studes said...

you should have just gone with it... EVERYONE TOPLESS YIPPEE!